Our logo captures the essence of our mission and vision by capturing the essence of who we are. We are...
• Reaching Up to God in worship and prayer
• Reaching In to each other in Bible Study and care
• Reaching Out to others, God’s love to share
The theological significance of our logo can be summarized as...
1. All church members start at the base of the cross. Although members are at different stages in their journey, they all begin at a common starting point.
2. Christ and His atoning work through the cross are at the center of the church. Members are steadied and supported by the centrality of the cross.
3. The church and its members are also grounded upon the Bible
4. Reaching Up: All members in the logo are ‘reaching up’ to God in worship, praise, and prayer.
5. Reaching In: The ‘heart’ of the church is formed by members joining hands together in Bible-based discipleship and in care for and service to one another. Members at the heart of the church are ‘lifting’ other members up with a helping hand.
6. Reaching Out: The hands and bodies of members are facing outward. The ‘heart’ of the church exerts energy outward, directing members into the world to share and serve.
7. Members are joined in worship and service regardless of color or other distinctions
8. The ‘First Hickory’ logotype is a reminder that our service and outreach to others starts in our own hometown, “First Hickory”.
9. We maintain our heritage and identity by keeping ‘Baptist church’ in the name and logo