First Baptist Church Music Ministry exists to honor God through music. The Music And Worship Ministry is comprised of various musical groups with each group singing a variety of musical styles.
• The Adult Choir helps provide music during each weeks' worship service. They rehearse on Wednesday evenings at 7:15pm in the choir room. This is open to anyone college and up who would like to be a part of the group. Contact our Minister of Music and Worship for more details.
• The Praise Team consists of vocalists that lead the praise music during each week's worship service. If you are interested in participating in this group, contact the Minister of Music and Worship.
• The Children’s Choirs are divided into the following age groups:
o Music Friends I – ages 3-5 , Music Makers – grades K-3 & Young Musicians – grades 4-6
o These groups meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm on a rotation with the GA and RA mission ministry. They work on singing and music skills each week to prepare to sing periodically our worship service.
• Melodears is our Sr. Adult Choir. They learn a music program in September and January, then go to area nursing homes to present this music program. They meet from September to May on Thursday mornings at 10:00am. All senior adults are welcome to join this ensemble.
• Gospel Choir is a group of adults who meet the last Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm to rehearse before singing at Pinecrest Assisted Living Facility on the first Thursday of each month. All are welcome.
• Praise Band. If you play an instruments such as guitar, bass, drums, flute, violin or electric guitar, this is the group for you. Please contact the Minister of Music and Worship to discuss your participation.
• Adult Handbells. This group meets on Wednesday evenings from 6-7:00 PM in Room 303. They participate periodically in worship. It is open to all college-age and above. Music reading skills are a plus, but not necessary.