What is First Friday?
First Friday is a monthly gathering of single adults in their 20's and 30's who live in the Hickory area. First Friday began almost two years ago as a way for single adults to enjoy a wholesome atmosphere in which they can get together with other single adults in the Hickory area can gather for community. It does not matter where or if you go to church... you will fit right in! We have people coming to First Friday who attend First Baptist, but many do not, and there's no pressure! The event continues to grow as the word continues to get out. Come the First Friday of each month and see what it's all about. We do ask that you register for the meal in advance (just so Chef Steve knows how much food to plan for!) You can register below. See you there!
What are the FIVE M's of First Friday?
- Meet - Make some meaningful new connections with other single adults in the Hickory area
- Music - Unwind to the sound of live acoustic guitar by Andrew Broome
- Message - Refresh your mind and heart with some relevant words from the Bible on topics that meet you where you are in life
- Meal - Enjoy a delicious meal provided by Chef Steve (Cost is $6 per person)
- More - Have fun together as we play board games, take some line-dance lessons, or enjoy other group fun. Activities vary each month.
Register HERE for the meal!
Cost is $6 for the meal (no cost if you do not eat). Pay at the door (cash or check, please).
When is our next First Friday event?
Friday night, November 7, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Where do I park and enter the building?
We are at the corner of 1st Ave NW and 4th St NW in Hickory. Here's a map. Park along 1st Ave NW outside the fellowship hall of First Baptist Church. Our sign will be outside the doors. We'll be looking for you.
What do we mean by "single" adult?
For the purpose of clarity, we define a single adult as one who is legally single. We empathize with and recognize the heartache associated with divorce and separation, and if you find yourself in this challenge we sincerely want to help you through prayer and support, so please contact us. There are other ministries in our church which we can connect you with until the point in time you are legally single.